Important News About The 2019 Novel Coronavirus
The novel variant of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) that recently emerged in Wuhan, China, and the disease it causes (COVID-19) are global health concerns. Based on a recent report, cleanSURFACES™ may be able to help.*
The report concludes that efforts to reduce the virus’s transmission would likely benefit from the use of silver and copper ion technologies particularly self-cleaning technologies used on high touch surfaces where viruses may remain viable for prolonged periods.
Key points in the report include the following:
- The virus can persist on environmental surfaces for up to 9 days.
- A primary transmission mode of the virus is via contaminated environmental surfaces.
- Silver and copper ions kill enveloped viruses such as influenza and the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Using silver and copper products on “high touch” surfaces may be effective in reducing the virus’s spread.
cleanSURFACES™ ionize silver and copper in a novel way to continuously inhibit contamination over extended periods. The products are designed specifically to cover, protect, and inhibit the transmission of contamination from high touch surfaces in the healthcare environment. While we are aware of no studies involving our products and the virus that causes COVID-19, third-party researchers at the Institute for Antiviral Research report that cleanSURFACES™ have significant efficacy against enveloped viruses, such as influenza A (H1N1) which has a similar outer (enveloped) structure to SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19). (Click HERE to see the report by the Institute for Antiviral Research.)
cleanSURFACES™ can be used on many high touch surfaces in the emergency department, triage rooms, isolation rooms or any location where there is a need to inhibit transmission of contamination.
If you have questions about the report or would like more information about CleanSURFACES™, please submit your contact information below.
* The cleanSURFACES™ technology is registered with the EPA (EPA Reg. No. 91681-1) as an antimicrobial agent that effectively inhibits the growth of bacteria, viruses, and fungi that cause unpleasant odors, discoloration, staining, deterioration or corrosion on surfaces to which it is applied. The EPA has not reviewed or approved, nor do we hereby make, claims that the technology mitigates, prevents, treats, cures or diagnoses disease in humans. The use of the CleanSURFACES™ products is a supplement to and not a substitute for standard infection control practices; users must continue to follow all current infection control practices, including those practices related to cleaning and disinfection of environmental surfaces.